Tuesday, June 13, 2017

It takes a village....  And Crystal Franklin is a part of my village.  She allows me to bring baked goods to her office and do a "bake sale" as often as I can bring in the goodies.  It might seem like such a little thing.  But, when trying to raise $100,000/year or more, every single little bit helps.  Originally, I was doing this bake sale to raise money to go to Canada and train with Walter Zettl and Eddo Hoekstra in April of this year.  When I fell ill in April and then had surgery, it became apparent that was not going to happen just yet.  June is my recovery month.  So this bake sale has been used to buy the essentials - like wormers, meds, fly sprays, shavings, etc.....  We still plan to go to Canada and will let you know when that is going to happen.  Thank you, Crystal Franklin, for all you are doing to help make a life long dream come true and for looking after my sweet mom when I am not at home.  You are a friend in every sense of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment