Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hunter Pace BBQ FundRaiser @Middleton Place

Middleton Place Stables/Hunt put on a trail ride and barbecue lunch benefit for the Grand Opening of their new trail complex yesterday.  The farm itself is 80 + acres with over 5,000 acres of trials for riding.  They are offering season passes for horse lovers to enjoy their trials.  Check them out!

I'd like to thank Middleton Place, Mark McElheney and Laura Ross for graciously including me in your fundraiser.  A very big hug and thank you to Amy Brewer for grabbing the reins and organizing this for us both.  Thank you!

I was honored and humbled by how many friends came out and supported the event.  It was lovely to watch you guys ride both in the field and as you went on the trails.  I saw old friends, made new friends.  Thank you all for coming!  I hope you had as much fun riding (and eating!) as I did watching you guys.  Oh, a very special thank you to Laura and Rusty Clark, who came and spent their anniversary riding horses on the trail!  Happy Anniversary to the Clark's!

Thank you to the people who cooked!  It was all delicious!  Gary and Russ cooked the barbecue (2 pigs).  Laura and Brandy made the banana pudding.  Trish made the cookies and brought the fruit.  Amy cooked the corn, baked beans, slaw and rolls.

I am going to do a separate blog post on the silent auction.  But for all who donated, THANK YOU!  To all who bid, THANK YOU.

A very HUGE thank you to all my wonderful friends, old and new, who are helping make my dream of competing for the US Team at the 2012 Paralympic Games in London possible!  I could not do it without you.  I am honored and humbled to call each of you friends. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment