Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Walter Zettl Clinic November 2011 in Houghton, NY

My computer died, so I have no pictures of Walter & Heide Zettl and me.  But...

Here is a link to parts of a recent lesson with Walter Zettl.  I had not ridden this horse before my lessons with him, so please be kind!  The horse is E.T.,  a 20 plus year old schoolmaster who has taken a few riders to their gold medals.  I was very honored to be given the privilege to ride him and learn on him with Walter.  When I look at videos of myself, I see just how much I have to go to be where I want to be.  I am encouraged at where I've come from, but very aware of how so very much more I have to relearn and learn.  I tend to be critical of my every mistake and it makes me want to ride much better with each ride.  (I call it my "dork" position... and ask each of my coaches to help me get the "dork look" out of my riding, lol!)  The better position I can have and the more accurate I can be with my cues, the better we can dance together as partners. It's come a long way - but, wowza, it has a long ways to go!  Hope you enjoy :)  Thank you ET for the ride, JoAnne for the loan, and Walter for the lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment