Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Captain Lymington (Lou)


Babe of Ballisodare, owned by Michelle Donlick of Avalo Farm in Wagner, SC has not been competed this year yet as he is coming back from his injury.  For our nationals this year, he has to either qualify with one ride from another rider (Michelle) from a competition this year with an R or S judge, at or above my grade comparison, OR qualify with a Championship AND a freestyle score from me from one of our PE international judges.  I considered trying - and even competed him in a Championship test (receiving a qualifying score).  But after giving him his first real workout in a year, I felt it was not fair to push him to do all that in a two week time frame.  He is healing well, feels good, and I decided to forego that for now in hopes of possibly riding him next year, if that is what his owner decides she wants to do.

I've been riding another friend's horse this past week.  Sara Kinard is the trainer and runs Half Pass Farm and Stables in Ravenel, SC and has a horse named Lou.  He is 9 years old, a Holsteiner, and is currently between 3rd and 4th level.  Here is my 2nd ride on him.  We are playing around with some school figures and hoping to put together a freestyle.  It's sloppy, I know.  He's the biggest horse I've ever ridden.  I'm slowly learning to not look so sloppy and get him more over his back, forward and engaged.  Hoping it all comes together soon.

Thank you, Sara, Rob and Maggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment