Sunday, July 31, 2011

Babe of Ballisodare

One of my friends, Michelle Donlick of Avalo Farm in Wagener, SC, has allowed me to ride her horse Babe of Ballisodare often since 2003.   Last year, he had an injury and is just now coming back into work.  Before his injury, he was Michelle's prelim eventer and a level 4/5 Parelli horse.  I was supposed to ride him at WindReach in Canada last year, but he was injured 2 weeks before we left.   The other day, I drove up to Wagener and we took him to an arena down the road from Avalo Farm.  This is that ride.  I did not ask him for more than he wanted to give and basically just allowed him to pick how much effort he was willing to offer.  This was a first-time-back, go-at-your-own-pace test.  He did beautifully, I think, for the first time in a year.  This test was turned in to our international para judges and was scored a 62.86.  Not too shabby for a first time back test.  Thank you to everyone for hauling, grooming, loaning arenas, encouraging and helping me that weekend!

Errr scratch that.  I've tried for 3 days to get it to upload and it will not.  Dang it all, lol.


Because that video does not load, here is another of me riding Babe for Walter Zettl 3 years ago.  This is part of our warmup, the video is grainy and jerky.  But you can see how nice of a mover BabeMan is here:



Michelle has lots of horses for sale so check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment